Monday, October 24, 2011

Haiku!

Haiku

Artist Statement

For my Haiku I drew from my emotions that are still lingering from when my father killed himself, and the abandonment issues that it left behind. It is something that defines who I am as an artist and lends itself to the poetry of this project. I feel that a significant event like death, abandonment, marriage, or even just graduation, all impact the way you see things and react to things. For the imagery I chose to go out on a photo shoot to different places that had trees and water, which I see as a calming place. The image I ended up using is actually taken at Notre Dame down by the Grotto looking out across their lake. The sun was setting just right and silhouetted some of the trees and catching the warm colors of the reddening leaves, lending itself to the serene feeling. The images and words feed off of one another, and create a thoughtful feeling.

2 comments:

Erin Brandeberry said...

I really like the background image you used! The place where the setting sun is strongest creates a really interesting effect, and the image lends itself well to the subject matter of your poem.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.