Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ch. 3 Response

Chapter 3 discussed links and their importance during the development of blogging. I thought the part about Rebecca Blood was interesting. Blood described how blogging everyday helped her discover what her true interests were. By looking at the subjects of her links and posts she was able to learn more about herself. Blood also explained how blogs could be used for social change, not just personal change. On page 29 a quote from Blood says, “By writing a few lines each day weblog editors begin to redefine media as a public, participatory endeavor.” From these passages I gathered that blogging could help people learn more about themselves, gain confidence in their opinions, and promote social change. In my last post I said that the Internet gives everyone the chance to share their thoughts in a public space unlike other media and I think this idea continued in this chapter.

2 comments:

JennyD said...

I have to admire the courage of people like Hall, Winer to put it all out there, and Barger with his "cornucopia of offbeat delights". It make you wonder about the psychology of what drives the masses to particular web blogs.

Scarrier said...

I agree. I think that is the good and important thing about any public forum. We need places to speak about thoughts, feelings, and ways to inform. I think that's a good way to learn from each other and grow as people. I think it's a non-threatning way to change people opinions sometimes. I have learned a lot from people putting their thoughts and sharing their knowledge.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.